20 September 2015

When you assume...

Nothing good happens when you assume. Nothing. Which is precisely why I'm writing this post right now, instead of a pretty, shiny, office reveal post.

With the house, we inherited a few window coverings. Mostly only on the front windows, and pretty much nothing that was actually our style. The living room had 4 fairly neutral grey curtains, that, while nice, just don't suit what we plan for that room and don't match our furniture.


In a moment of genius, I decided to move 2 of them to the office once it was painted. It made sense: the colour scheme in there is incredibly neutral and they're nice curtains that cost us $0 - what a win! Ya, no. See, here's the assumption: 84" curtains fit in the living room, and therefore, they would fit all the other windows. They do not. Exhibit A:


And Exhibit B:


I have since been able to solve the problem with curtains I like even less, but I still really love how the room is coming together (despite the blue trim...I KNOW) and I can't wait to show you!

No comments:

Post a Comment